NYS-wide Healthcare Consensus Meeting
If you missed our LWV PWM Consensus meeting,
you still have a chance to participate.
LWV NYS Executive Director, Laura Bierman has sent an email about leading 3 consensus meetings on:
- Tuesday, Feb. 23 at 2:00 pm
- Thursday, Feb. 25 at 10:00
- Tuesday, March 2 at 7:00 pm
Dear Members [from Laura]The state League is currently undertaking consideration of an update to two of its Healthcare positions. A statewide study committee has researched and developed materials outlining the current positions, the proposed new positions, and background info on the issues.With the new study, consensus and concurrence process adopted by the state Board in June 2019, members of the League who do not participate in a local League’s meetingdiscussing a proposed position may participate in a discussion organized by the state League and may complete an individual form indicating their acceptance or rejection of the proposals. League members may also organize their own discussion groups and submit an individual form. These individuals’ forms will be considered with the forms completed by local Leagues to determine if concurrence was reached statewide.The state League has organized three sessions for all members to discuss the proposed Healthcare positions updates. Again, only members who do not participate in their own local League discussion on these proposals may participate in this statewide discussion meeting.The three meetings will be facilitated by Laura Ladd Bierman, with the statewide Healthcare Committee as the resource experts to answer questions as the proposed positions are discussed …
After attending the meeting, members may complete the form (click here) and return it to the state League office by email to Laura@lwvny.org, fax 518-465-0812, or by mail to LWVNYS, 62 Grand St, Albany, NY 12207.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Laura Ladd Bierman at Laura@lwvny.org.
Members should review:
- “Participant Guide Consensus Jan6” useful to read first: also available on LWV NYS home page in slightly longer version, along with Facilitator’s Guide.
- “New Positions with Footnotes” read next: footnoted new positions found on pp. 31-35 of the Study Materials and current positions (at end of this document) on pp 4 & 7.
- “Consensus & Concurrence” on Jan 6 one page on objectives & LWV process
- “Healthcare Study Materials” 50 pages, useful background on health policy issues.
Members may find it useful to have printed copies of #1 & #2 available so they can refer to them during the discussion. Facilitator will screenshare #1 to guide the discussion.